Now that you have finished Mini Lesson #6- Relevant Details, it is time to finalize the paragraph with a CLOSING SENTENCE! FYI- This lesson is for ending a paragraph not a concluding paragraph for the end of an essay. That will come later!
MINI LESSON #7 CLOSING SENTENCE
1. Teach: A closing sentence is the concluding sentence. Close the door to the paragraph!
- It summarizes the main ideas or feeling of a paragraph.
- It is not a relevant detail in the paragraph.
- Use a “clincher” to be creative with the closing sentence! (question, humor, excitement, or a future thought)
2. Take Notes: When students take notes and show examples, it will provide them with a reference when writing paragraphs in the future.
7. Assessment and Tracking: Assess and track some of the students’ work for future small instructional groups and review!
Do you need a complete NO PREP Sentence Structure AND Paragraph Unit? There are anchor charts, interactive notebooks pages, practice worksheets, and task cards for each of the following: Complete Sentences, Fragments, Run-Ons, Topic Sentences, Rockin Beginnings, Indents, Relevant Details, Transition Words, Closing Sentences, and Clinchers! As a Bonus- hamburger graphic organizer, and assessment!
ROCK ‘N’ WRITE!!!!!