This bundle includes TWO Mythology resources. Read below to see what is included!
This Step-by-Step MYTHOLOGY ALLUSIONS unit is a complete, STANDARD-BASED unit with a variety of activities scaffolded to help students learn an effective approach to use context clues and understand mythological allusions to increase reading comprehension. Through anchor charts, modeling, mentor text, differentiated informative passages and interactive pages, practice, task cards, and graphic organizers, students will have a thorough understanding of how to figure out the meaning of allusions. It now comes in PDF, POWERPOINT, AND GOOGLE.
What is included?
1. SCRIPTED LESSON PLANS: Take the guesswork out of what to say when teaching context clues and mythological allusions. These plans include what to say, how to teach each lesson, and how long to spend on each lesson.
2. ANCHOR CHARTS: Context Clues, Allusions, Myths, and a chart filled with Mythological Allusions (allusion, meaning and example)
3. DIFFERENTIATED PASSAGES: For each of the 3 high-interest reading passages, there are THREE VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION. These include questions for context clues and allusions. (2 for practice, 1 for assessment)
Lexile Level 1- 600
Lexile Level 2- 800
Lexile Level 3- 950
4. INTERACTIVE NOTES: The digital version has fill-in-the-boxes notes.
The printable version has differentiated interactive notebook pages.
1. Notes written out.
2. Sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank)
3. Write in your own notes
4. Mini-anchor charts (great for absent students and students who have trouble cutting and taking notes.
5. ACTIVITY: Find allusions in daily life.
6. PRACTICE: Context Clues worksheet and differentiated reading passages listed above.
7. TASK CARDS: There are step-by-step 24 task cards. It starts with context clues, then includes mythological allusions.
8. BLANK CHARTS: There are several charts for context clues and allusions to use with any book.
9. TRACKING FORM: Track your students’ progress.
10. ASSESSMENT: This is one of the differentiated passages listed above. It has questions for context clues, allusion, and other comprehension questions.
11. SUGGESTED MENTOR TEXT LIST
This resource includes 5 myths with 3 levels of differentiation ranging from Lexile levels 550-835. For each passage, there are 10 comprehension questions using inference and text evidence with one of them being a writing connection question.
The following myths are included:
1. Pandora’s Box
2. King Midas
5. Aphrodite and Cupid
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in Mythology (e.g., Herculean).
Thank you for visiting my store!