Step-by-Step Mythology Unit
This STEP-BY-STEP Mythology Unit is loaded with teaching activities to help your students comprehend difficult skills concerning context clues and allusions. This resource is aligned to Common Core Standard RL 4.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including those that allude to significant characters found in Mythology (e.g., Herculean).
Motivate with the variety of activities
Educate with the anchor charts and teacher notes
Differentiate with 3 versions of the passages (total of 3 passages), different levels in task cards, different interactive pages
What is included?
1. ANCHOR CHARTS (Context Clues, Allusions, Myths) and EXAMPLES
2. MENTOR TEXT
3. IDEAS FOR HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES
4. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PAGES (3 versions for differentiation when taking notes) Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
5. PASSAGES that include Mythology allusions TO PRACTICE with context clues and allusion questions. (2 practice passages)
6. TASK CARDS
7. BLANK CHARTS TO USE WITH ANY PASSAGE OR BOOK
8. TRACKING FORM
9. ASSESSMENT with context clues, allusion, and other comprehension questions. (1 assessment passage)
10. STUDENT VERSIONS- perfect to send to students to work on their own tablets!
Version 1: Lexile levels 650-700
Version 2: Lexile levels 700-800
Version 3: Lexile levels 800-900
Thank you for visiting my store!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.