Each unit uses explicit teaching and is broken down using a scaffolding process. When applicable, students are reminded of previously learned skills to create a basic foundation and assure that they can completely understand each reading standard.
These units can be used with or without interactive reading notebooks. (There are mini anchor charts included if you don’t have time for interactive notebooks, but want students to have a reference.)
The bundle is ideal for 4th and 5th grade. If you are a 3rd grade or 6th grade teacher, please look at the previews and levels of passages to see if they meet your students’ needs.
What skills are covered?
1. Text Evidence
3. Story Elements (in Theme Unit)
4. Summarizing (in Theme Unit)
5. Main Idea (in Theme Unit)
7. Context Clues (in Mythology Unit)
8. Allusions (in Mythology Unit)
10. Cause and Effect
11. Point of View
12. Drama/Prose/Poetry Comparison
What learning activities are included in these units?
★ Mentor text suggestions
★ Anchor Charts
★ Hands-on activiites
★ Interactive Notebook printables
★ Leveled Passages for differentiation
★ Practice pages
★ Task Cards
★ Book Response pages and charts
★ Tracking forms
★ Student Editions great for tablets
For distance learning: There are separate student PDFs according to their reading level. (Be careful not to put them on a public website. For copyright purposes, websites need to be password protected)
1. If you want students to write directly on a PDF and don’t have a program with that capability, they can open it with dochub. It is free and a dropdown option when opening in Google. Students will need to provide an email.
2. Make an image or screenshot of the page/pages you want students to complete and have them create a textbox to write over top of it. The images can be placed in google slides. Directions on how to just send parts of a PDF to students. Click HERE.
Thank you for visiting my store!