This Step-by-Step Text Evidence unit is a complete, NO-Prep unit with a variety of activities to help students learn an effective approach to analyzing text and increasing reading comprehension. Through anchor charts, modeling, mentor text, differentiated interactive pages, practice, task cards, and differentiated informative reading passages, students will have a thorough understanding of how to provide text evidence. It now comes in PDF, POWERPOINT, AND GOOGLE.
SEE THE PREVIEW! Since some teachers or districts use the acronym RACE and others use ACE, I included separate files with the same instruction, but different acronyms for this foundation skill.
WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS STEP-BY-STEP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT?
1. SCRIPTED LESSON PLANS: Take the guesswork out of what to say when teaching text evidence. These plans include what to say, how to teach each lesson, and how long to spend on each lesson.
2. ANCHOR CHARTS: Text Evidence Anchor Charts or Posters for each mini-lesson. (SEE MINI-LESSONS BELOW)
3. DIFFERENTIATED PASSAGES: For each of the 4 high-interest informative reading passages, there are THREE VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION.
1- LEXILE LEVELS 400 (Gr. 2)
2- LEXILE LEVELS 700 (Gr. 3)
3- LEXILE LEVELS 835-850 (Gr. 4)
4. INTERACTIVE NOTES: The digital version has fill-in-the-boxes notes.
The printable version has differentiated interactive notebook pages.
1. Notes written out.
2. Sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank)
3. Write in your own notes
4. Mini-anchor charts (great for absent students and students who have trouble cutting and taking notes.
5. PRACTICE PAGES:
✓ Restate the Question
✓ RACE or ACE paragraph practice
6. PRACTICE PASSAGE 1 WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS: The differentiated nonfiction passage come with a graphic organizer for ACE or RACE to answer each question.
7. PRACTICE PASSAGE 2 WITH TASK CARDS: The differentiated nonfiction passage has a task card for each question. The printable version is perfect for centers and posting around the room (directions and template included). The digital version comes in GOOGLE FORMS and has a separate link for each reading level.
8. PRACTICE PASSAGE 3 WORKSHEET STYLE: The differentiated nonfiction passage has a worksheet with a space to answer each question.
9. ASSESSMENT: The differentiated nonfiction passage has a worksheet with a space to answer each question.
10. HANDS-ON ACTIVITY: Directions are included.
11. BOOK RESPONSE: This can be used with any book.
12. GRAPHIC ORGANIZER: This ACE or RACE chart can be used with any book or passage. You just add the questions!
13. TRACKING FORM: Track your students’ progress.
14. SUGGESTED MENTOR TEXT LIST
DIGITAL VERSION: It has PowerPoint or Google Slides for the everything except the task cards. The task cards come in Google Forms.
Please Note: All Google Links and answer keys are in the Teacher Printable PDF.
If you are looking for RACES, there are supplement materials that can be used along with RACE: RACES anchor chart, interactive page for “S” and RACES, and RACES charts to use with the passages. Please Note: This is supplemental, so you will need to use the RACE file along with the supplemental materials. It is PDF only.
ANCHOR CHARTS AND INTERACTIVE PAGES FOR:
★ What is TEXT EVIDENCE?
★ How to Provide TEXT EVIDENCE USING ACE (ANSWER, CITE, EXPLAIN)
★ How to ANSWER questions (with a practice page)
★ Prior Knowledge
★ Inferences (with a practice page)
★ How to Cite EVIDENCE (with a practice page)
★ How to EXPLAIN
★ Paraphrasing using RAP (with a practice page)
★ Paraphrasing ANSWERS (with a practice page)
★ Quoting (with a practice page)
★ ACE or RACE Example (with nonfiction text and graphic organizer with questions)
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: RI 2.1, 3.1, 4.1
RI 2.1 – Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
RI 3.1 – Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
RI 4.1 – Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Thank you for visiting my store!
There are no reviews yet.