This resource takes a deep dive into story elements for students to get a thorough understanding not only with the basics of the elements, but also character changes, setting descriptions, the differences between conflict and problem, and what may happen next. It is a complete unit with explicit teaching opportunities. NOW AVAILABLE IN GOOGLE, POWERPOINT, AND PDF!
What is included?
1. Anchor Charts: 1 on Story Elements, 1 on the difference between Problem and Conflicts.
2. Mentor Text Examples: 1 as a poster, a chart with other examples (They are from popular children’s books. No worries though, I provide you with ideas in case you don’t have any of them in your classroom!)
3. Worksheets: 2 worksheets for whole group and small group.
4. Interactive Notebook Pages: There are 2 included, but there are 4 variations to use for differentiation.
5. Task Cards: There are 12 task cards for centers with template for answers.
6 Passages: There are 2 passages with a choice of charts or charts with short answer questions to go deeper into the text. Each ones has 3 differentiated reading levels. 610, 710, 810.
7. Blank Charts: These are perfect to use with any books.
8. Assessment: Differentiated Passage with chart or chart with questions.
If you already have my STEP-BY-STEP THEME UNIT, you have a small version of this resource and the passages are the same. The Theme unit provides a brief review of story elements, whereas this unit goes DEEPER into the skill and provides more practice.
Thank you for visiting my store!