Step-by-Step Story Elements Unit for Fiction
This resource takes a deep dive into story elements for students to get a thorough understanding not only with the basics of the elements, but also character changes, setting descriptions, the differences between conflict and problem, and what may happen next. It is a complete unit with explicit teaching opportunities.
What is included?
1. Anchor Charts: 1 on Story Elements, 1 on the difference between Problem and Conflicts.
2. Mentor Text Examples: 1 as a poster, a chart with other examples (They are from popular children’s books. No worries though, I provide you with ideas in case you don’t have any of them in your classroom!)
3. Worksheets: 2 worksheets for whole group and small group.
4. Interactive Notebook Pages: There are 2 included, but there are 4 variations to use for differentiation.
5. Task Cards: There are 12 task cards for centers with template for answers.
6 Passages: There are 2 passages with a choice of charts or charts with short answer questions to go deeper into the text. Each ones has 3 differentiated reading levels. 610, 710, 810.
7. Blank Charts: These are perfect to use with any books.
8. Assessment: Differentiated Passage with chart or chart with questions.
If you already have my STEP-BY-STEP THEME UNIT, you have a small version of this resource and the passages are the same. The Theme unit provides a brief review of story elements, whereas this unit goes DEEPER into the skill and provides more practice.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.