WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS STEP-BY-STEP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT?
1. SCRIPTED LESSON PLANS: Take the guesswork out of what to say when teaching text evidence. These plans include what to say, how to teach each lesson, and how long to spend on each lesson.
2. ANCHOR CHARTS: Text Evidence Anchor Charts or Posters for each mini-lesson. (SEE MINI-LESSONS BELOW)
3. DIFFERENTIATED PASSAGES: For each of the 4 high-interest informative reading passages, there are THREE VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION.
1- LEXILE LEVELS 790-880 (Gr. 4-4.5)
2- LEXILE LEVELS 915-980 (Gr. 4.5-5.5)
3- LEXILE LEVELS 1025-1080 (Gr. 5.5-6.5)
4. INTERACTIVE NOTES: The digital version has fill-in-the-boxes notes.
The printable version has differentiated interactive notebook pages.
1. Notes written out.
2. Sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank)
3. Write in your own notes
4. Mini-anchor charts (great for absent students and students who have trouble cutting and taking notes.
DIGITAL VERSION: It has PowerPoint or Google Slides for the everything except the task cards. The task cards come in Google Forms.
Please Note: All Google Links and answer keys are in the Teacher Printable PDF.
If you are looking for RACES, there are supplement materials that can be used along with RACE: RACES anchor chart, interactive page for “S” and RACES, and RACES charts to use with the passages. Please Note: This is supplemental, so you will need to use the RACE file along with the supplemental materials. It is PDF only.
ANCHOR CHARTS AND INTERACTIVE PAGES FOR:
★ What is TEXT EVIDENCE?
★ How to Provide TEXT EVIDENCE USING ACE (ANSWER, CITE, EXPLAIN)
★ How to ANSWER questions (with a practice page)
★ Prior Knowledge
★ Inferences (with a practice page)
★ How to Cite EVIDENCE (with a practice page)
★ How to EXPLAIN
★ Paraphrasing using RAP (with a practice page)
★ Paraphrasing ANSWERS (with a practice page)
★ Quoting (with a practice page)
★ ACE or RACE Example (with nonfiction text and graphic organizer with questions)
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: RI 4.1, 5.1, 6.1
Thank you for visiting my store!