Step-by-Step Cause and Effect Unit
If you are looking to teach CAUSE AND EFFECT thoroughly, you’ve come to the right place! This step-by-step resource covers the reading skill of cause and effect through a variety of lessons to ensure a deep level of understanding. All of my reading units are developed using a scaffolding approach.
What is included?
1. ANCHOR CHART- An explanation of cause and effect with illustrations.
2. MENTOR TEXT- A nursery rhyme mentor text poster to show the skill in text. There are also suggested books to use with this skill.
3. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PRINTABLES- Pages for taking notes in an interactive reading notebook. (Differentiated)
★ A matching activity
★ Nursery Rhyme Detective
★ Photo Activity Instructions
5. PRACTICE- A worksheet to practice using color-coding to identify the cause and effect AND a passage with cause and effect open-ended questions.
6. TASK CARDS- 24 task cards great for a game, centers, or reteaching.
7. ASSESSMENT- A color-coding worksheet AND a passage wtth cause and effect open-ended questions.
8. TRACKING- This is used to keep track of students’ progress for future small group instruction.
9. BOOK RESPONSE- Perfect for searching any text to record a cause and effect relationship.
10. GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
BONUS: 3 STUDENT EDITIONS- PDF- Perfect to send a digital copy to your students without assessments, teacher notes, and answer keys.
Student 1- Lexile Levels 650-750
Student 2- Lexile Levles 750-850
Student 3- Lexile Levels 850-950
Thank you for visiting my store!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.