Cause and Effect Unit for Grades 2-4
If you are looking to teach CAUSE AND EFFECT thoroughly, you’ve come to the right place! This step-by-step resource covers the reading skill of cause and effect through a variety of lessons to ensure a deep level of understanding. All of my reading units are developed using a scaffolding approach.
*****THERE IS NOW A GOOGLE AND POWERPOINT VERSION FOR STUDENTS! SEE TEACHER PDF FOR LINK AND INTERACTIVE PAGES.
What is included?
1. ANCHOR CHART– An explanation of cause and effect with illustrations.
2. MENTOR TEXT– A nursery rhyme mentor text poster to show the skill in text. There are also suggested books to use with this skill.
3. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PRINTABLES– There are 3 versions for differentiation when taking notes. Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
★ A matching activity
★ Nursery Rhyme Detective
★ Photo Activity Instructions
5. PRACTICE– A worksheet to practice using color-coding to identify the cause and effect
6. TASK CARDS– 24 task cards great for a game, centers, or reteaching.
7. ASSESSMENT– A color-coding worksheet
8. TRACKING– This is used to keep track of students’ progress for future small group instruction.
9. BOOK RESPONSE– Perfect for searching any text to record a cause and effect relationship.
10. GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
BONUS: STUDENT EDITIONS- GOOGLE AND POWERPOINT- Perfect to send a digital copy to your students without assessments, teacher notes, interactive pages and answer keys. These are great for DISTANCE LEARNING and AT HOME LEARNING!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE RIGOR, CHECK OUT THE 4-6 VERSION!
Thank you for visiting my store!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.