Main Idea and Supporting Details Unit
This resource takes a deep dive into MAIN IDEA and SUPPORTING DETAILS for LITERATURE – fictional stories. Students will get a thorough understanding using tweets for explaining how to write a main idea. It is a complete unit with explicit teaching opportunities.
What is included?
1. Anchor Charts: 1 on Main Idea, 1 on Supporting Details.
2. Mentor Text Examples: 1 as a poster, a chart with other examples (They are from popular children’s books.)
3. Worksheets: 2 worksheets for whole group and small group.
4. Interactive Notebook Pages: There are 2 included, but there are 4 variations of each to use for differentiation.
5. Task Cards: There are 12 task cards for centers with template for answers.
6 Passages: There are 2 passages with a chart. Each ones has 3 differentiated reading levels. 610, 710, 810.
7. Blank Charts: These are perfect to use with any books.
8. Assessment: Differentiated Passage with a chart.
If you already have my STEP-BY-STEP THEME UNIT, you have a small version of this resource and the passages are the same. The Theme unit provides a brief review of story elements, whereas this unit goes DEEPER into the skill and provides more practice.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.