This resource takes a deep dive into MAIN IDEA and SUPPORTING DETAILS for LITERATURE – fictional stories. Students will get a thorough understanding using tweets for explaining how to write a main idea. It is a complete unit with explicit teaching opportunities.
NOW AVAILABLE IN GOOGLE, POWERPOINT, AND PDF!
What is included?
1. Anchor Charts: 1 on Main Idea, 1 on Supporting Details.
2. Mentor Text Examples: 1 as a poster, a chart with other examples (They are from popular children’s books.)
3. Worksheets: 2 worksheets for whole group and small group.
4. Interactive Notebook Pages: There are 2 included, variations of each to use for differentiation. Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
5. Task Cards: There are 12 task cards for centers with template for answers.
6. Passages: There are 2 passages with a chart. Each ones has 3 differentiated reading levels. 610, 710, 810.
7. Blank Charts: These are perfect to use with any books.
8. Assessment: Differentiated Passage with a chart.
If you already have my STEP-BY-STEP THEME UNIT, you have a small version of this resource and the passages are the same. The Theme unit provides a brief review of story elements, whereas this unit goes DEEPER into the skill and provides more practice.
Thank you for visiting my store!
There are no reviews yet.