WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS NO-PREP POETRY DRAMA PROSE UNIT?
1. Teacher Notes: There are lesson plans explaining the steps and what to do every step of the way.
2. Anchor Charts: Teach using the anchor charts and teacher notes.
3. Mentor Text: There are original passages and a suggested list of picture books to assist in teaching poetry, drama, and prose.
4. Interactive Notebook: Choose one of the 4 options for note-taking, so students can add information about the genres to their notebooks. It will serve as a future reference.
5. Activities: There is a warm up activity to use as a whole group.
6. KWL Charts: This critical thinking activity is provided for all three types of genre.
7. Practice Pages: There are several worksheets for each type of genre and several to compare/contrast at the end.
8. Task Cards: There are 24 task cards perfect for centers and extra practice.
9. Writing Prompts: There are 12 prompt cards that are great for morning work, homework, and centers so students can apply their knowledge.
10. Passages for Practice and Assessment: There are three differentiated passages with comprehension questions. Each include two different types of genre to compare and contrast.
11. Extension Activities: There are several extension activities that can be used for each type of genre.
12. Book Response: For each genre, there is a list of response questions. There is also a response printable that can be used with most picture books. A response printable is included for a combination too.
13. Tracking: Write student names in the form. Record scores from a practice
page and assessment. Use this for future purposes in creating small group
14. Answer Key
Bonus: Student Editions- This is great for distance learning and using technology in the classroom. There is a student version that includes everything except whole group activities, interactive pages, lesson plans, and answer keys.
This can be sent to the student via email or online storage like Dropbox as long
as it is password-protected. These are great for DISTANCE LEARNING and AT HOME LEARNING!
Student Edition 1- Lexile Level- 600
Student Edition 2- Lexile Level- 800
Student Edition 3-Lexile Level- 1000
How can you differentiate?
Practice pages: Some of the worksheets offer an easy and more difficult version.
Passages: There are 3 different reading levels for all passages.
Notes: Choose from completed interactive notes, sentence frames, and all notes. Or use the mini-anchor chart.
CCSS RL.4.5 Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems (e.g., verse, rhythm, meter) and drama (e.g., casts of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking about a text.
Thank you for visiting my store!