Chocolate Fever Novel Unit
Engage your students with a variety of reading comprehension skills. The author has filled it with opportunities for critical thinking and text dependent analysis, which makes it ideal for literature circles, novel studies, and book clubs. Chocolate Fever is a fun book about a boy AND CHOCOLATE! What else do you need? 🙂
This thorough resource is prepped and ready to go with a separate page of questions for every chapter in the book. It was designed to allow your students to delve deeply into the story giving them exposure to all the crucial reading comprehension skills and strategies. Your students will enjoy learning about Henry and his adventures while being challenged to think about the author’s purpose and reasoning behind the author’s craft.
What is included?
- Cover Page if you make booklets
- Character Charts
- Vocabulary Pages
- Questions for all 12 Chapters
- End of Story Questions
- Vocabulary Quiz
- Answer Keys for all of the above
What skills are covered for reading comprehension?
- Point of View
- Author’s View
- Cause and Effect
- Figurative Language
- Writing prompts
- Compare and Contrast
- Who, what, where, why, when, how
- Story elements: characters, setting, problem, solution
- Plot- rising action, suspense, climax, falling action
- Character traits, actions, changes
- Main idea, Supporting details
- Text connection
- Text evidence
- Dialogue, Quote analysis
- Beginning, middle, end
- Lesson, Moral
- TDA- Text dependent analysis
Thank you for visiting my store!