WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS RESOURCE?
1. TEACHER NOTES: It has SCRIPTED lesson plans and ideas, links to the GOOGLE resources, answer keys, a checklist, and rubrics.
2. ANCHOR CHARTS: There are anchor charts to teach every skill.
3. DIGITAL INTERACTIVE NOTE-TAKING: They have fill-in-the-box.
4. INTERACTIVE PRACTICE: There is practice for some of the mini-lessons. They have text boxes. These are great for independent work and homework.
5. SELF-CHECK PRACTICE 1: It needs to be placed in presentation mode. Students click the answers and it automatically tells them if they are right or wrong. If it is wrong, it goes back to the question. This one does not track and report the right and wrong answers. There are 16 questions per skill for (Key Words and Informative Elements)
6. SELF-CHECK PRACTICE 2 C.U.P.S.: It is set up the same as the SELF-CHECK PRACTICE ONE. There are 16 questions per skill (Capitalization, Usage, Punctuation, Spelling)
7. MODEL AND APPLY: For each lesson, there is a model of that skill that builds into an effective essay. There is also a place for students to apply that skill to build their essay.
8. ASSESSMENT FOR C.U.P.S. is included in the main file.
LIST OF MINI LESSONS TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Informative Elements
2. Prewriting- How to Brainstorm
3. Prewriting- Using Graphic Organizers
4. Organization Structures
5. Writing an Introduction
6. Writing a Body (facts and details)
7. How to Take Notes, Avoid Plagiarism, Citing Sources (the primary way)
8. Writing a Conclusion
9. Strategies to Write a Rough Draft
10. How to Plan a Writing Goal
11. DARE to Revise (How to Delete, Add, Rearrange, Exchange)
12. How to Write a Rockin’ Beginning (Strong Leads)
13. Using Transition Words
14. Adding Key Words
15. How to Write a Jammin’ Conclusion
16. How to Craft a Title
17. CUPS to Edit
18. Editing Capitalization
19. Editing Usage
20. Editing Punctuation
21. Editing Spelling
22. Graphics/ Heading/ Picture Captions
23. Table of Contents and Glossary
24. Rules for Peer Reflections
25. Writing a Final Copy
You will also find:
★ Original Mentor Text and Mentor Text Suggested List
★ Word lists
★ Writing Goal Form
★ Reflection From
★ Moveable Checklist
★ Tracking Form
★ 5 Prompt Passages
★ 12 Additional Prompts
★ Weekly Writing Template
Thank you for visiting my store!