Paragraph Writing Prompts | Paragraph of the Week | Distance Learning
NEW RESOURCE! Let me guide your students through PARAGRAPH WRITING. This step-by-step PARAGRAPH WRITING PROMPTS comes DIGITAL AND PRINTABLE.
You will get 36 WEEKS OF GUIDED WRITING to last a whole year of paragraph writing! SEE PREVIEW! It was created to provide a scaffolding method along with guided instruction. It is perfect for homeschool and distance learning!
What formats are included?
✓ Google Slides- digital
✓ Powerpoint- digital
✓ PDF- printable
What are the types of writing prompts?
How is it set up for guided instruction?
- Prompt: Many prompts offer choice. Choice empowers the writers and gets them motivated to write!
- Model: All 36 prompts have a model paragraph. Students can see what elements are necessary to complete each prompt.
- Brainstorm: There is a list to help students come up with the main idea for their prompt and a space to write their choice.
- Graphic Organizer: There is a hamburger (or call it a turkey burger or vegan burger!) organizer to put thoughts down for the topic sentence, relevant details, and closing sentence. For each section, there are guided ideas to help students think of things they can write about.
- Rough Draft: There is a space to write the rough draft and notes to remind them to just write and not worry about spelling and grammar.
- Revise and Edit: There is a checklist and directions to go back through the rough draft and make changes.
- Final Copy: There is a section for the final copy. (For the printable version, there are several templates to choose from for differentiation.)
- Rubric: The rubric is labeled for each writing prompt. There are directions to use it for self-grading and for the teacher.
Digital: It can be sent to students, placed on a password-protected site, or in Google Classroom.
THIS RESOURCE COMPLIMENTS THE STEP-BY-STEP PARAGRAPH WRITING UNIT WITH ANCHOR CHARTS, INTERACTIVE NOTES, PRACTICE, ETC.
Thank you for visiting my store!!!!