What is included?
For each resource, there is a Read First file that includes directions and a chart with all standards, skills, passage titles, and a place for you to check them off.
★ READING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES:
These reading comprehension passages are perfect for CLOSE READING. The passages provide students with a complete narrative, drama or poem to answer the standard-based questions effectively.
- Common Core Standards- 2 lengthy passages for each standard- 38 original passages.
- 3 differentiated reading levels– a total of 114 Passages
- Lexile level 200-650- the range of levels for differentiation (Grades 1-4)
- Dyslexic Font- Each passage is written with or without a dyslexic font to meet the needs of all your students. (There is a separate PDF with all the passages in a dyslexic font.)
★ STEP-BY-STEP QUESTIONS:
The questions were formulated in a STEP-BY-STEP process and specifically designed for that particular standard.
Step 1: There are 6 multiple choice questions developed for basic comprehension of the text with some deeper-level questions mixed in. They were designed for students to get familiar with the text and are in the form of:
- Task Cards (Printable)
- Worksheet (Printable or Digital)
- GOOGLE Quiz (Digital)
Step 2: There are 6 rigorous open-ended questions developed for text-dependent analysis so students can think critically and question their assumptions. The last question is a text-dependent analysis writing prompt.
- Without lines to put in a center, on a smart board, or in groups to write answers in a notebook
- With lines to write on the printable
- Digital with text boxes
What is in the Zipfile?
Each mini-unit is labeled according to the standard and title of the passage. There are two files for each title.
- PDF has all the teacher notes, Google Links, and printable pages.
- PowerPoint is for student use to write directly in the PowerPoint. (It is the same as the Google version.)
The PowerPoint and Google Versions are perfect for DISTANCE LEARNING! These versions have larger fonts and spaces for easy digital reading.
★ Answer Keys: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE TEACHER PDF! ANSWER KEYS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE STUDENT POWERPOINT OR GOOGLE SLIDES. For each open-ended answer key, teachers will know which questions are directly related to the standard. The answers that are bold-faced are related to the standard.
Literacy Text Standards
What focus skills are covered?
CCSS 1: Ask Questions
CCSS 2: Summarize/ Main Idea/ Central Message / Recount Stories
CCSS 3: Character Response
CCSS 4: Words and Phrases (Rhythm, Rhyme and Meaning Regular Beats, Alliteration, Repeated Lines)
CCSS 5: Story Elements and Story Structure
CCSS 6: Point of View
CCSS 7: Text and Visuals
CCSS 8: N/A
CCSS 9: Compare and Contrast
CCSS 10: Comprehend Text
Also included in passages and questions:
✓ Story, Drama, Poetry, Fables, Folktales
✓ Understand Key Details
Informational Text Standards
What focus skills are covered?
CCSS 1: Ask and Answer Questions
CCSS 2: Main Idea and Supporting Details
CCSS 3: Text Connections
CCSS 4: Determine Word Meanings
CCSS 5: Text Features
CCSS 6: Author’s Purpose
CCSS 7: Explain Images
CCSS 8: Interpret Information
CCSS 9: Reasoning
CCSS 10: Comprehend Information
Other Skills Covered:
✓ Compare and Contrast
✓ Multi-paragraph Text
✓ Text Evidence
✓ Provide Text Dependent Analysis
Thank you for visiting my store!