WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS RESOURCE?
1. TEACHER NOTES: It has SCRIPTED lesson plans and ideas, links to the GOOGLE resources, answer keys, a checklist, and a rubric.
2. NARRATIVE WRITING FOR GOOGLE AND POWERPOINT
- ANCHOR CHARTS: There are anchor charts to teach every skill in GOOGLE and PowerPoint.
- DIGITAL INTERACTIVE NOTE-TAKING: They are included for the main skills. They have directions, moveable pieces, and fill-in-the-box. It is in GOOGLE and PowerPoint.
- INTERACTIVE PRACTICE: There is practice for some of the mini-lessons. They have moveable pieces, text boxes and highlighting. These are great for independent work and homework. It is in GOOGLE and PowerPoint.
- MODEL AND APPLY: For each lesson, there is a model of that skill that builds into an effective essay. There is also a place for students to apply that skill to build their essay.
- ASSESSMENT for CUPS
3. SELF-CHECK PRACTICE FOR NARRATIVE SKILLS: It comes in Google Slides or PowerPoint and needs to be placed in presentation mode. Students click the answers and it automatically tells them if they are right or wrong. If it is wrong, it goes back to the question. This one does not track and report the right and wrong answers. There are 16 questions per skill (Character Traits, Transition Words, Word Choice.)
4. SELF-CHECK PRACTICE FOR C.U.P.S.: It is set up the same as the SELF-CHECK PRACTICE ONE. There are 16 questions per skill (Capitalization, Usage, Punctuation, Spelling)
LIST OF LESSONS
(A sample is provided to model and follow through the writing process)
1. Narrative Elements
2. Prewriting- How to Brainstorming
3. Prewriting- Using Graphic Organizers for Narrative Writing
4. Writing an Introduction (Character, Setting, Plot)
5. Writing a Body (Includes Power of 3, Suspense, Climax)
6. Character Traits
7. How to Use Dialogue (for 3rd Grade and Differentiation in other grades)
8. Writing a Conclusion
9. Strategies to Write a Rough Draft
10. How to Form a Writing Goal
11. DARE to Revise (How to Delete, Add, Rearrange, Exchange)
12. How to Write a Rockin’ Beginning (Strong Leads)
13. Using Transition Words
14. Word Choice -Million Dollar Words- (higher-level for differentiation)
15. How to Write a Jammin’ Conclusion
16. How to Craft a Title
17. CUPS to Edit
18. Editing Capitalization
19. Editing Usage
20. Editing Punctuation
21. Editing Spelling
22. Rules for Peer Reflections
23. Writing a Final Copy
You will also find:
★ Original Mentor Text, Goldilocks Mentor Text, Mentor Text Suggested List
★ Character Traits Dictionary
★ Word Choice Dictionary
★ Writing Goal Form
★ Reflection Form
★ Moveable Checklist
★ Tracking Form
★ More Prompts
★ Weekly Writing Template
Thank you for visiting my store!
WHY STEP-BY-STEP WRITING®?
Scaffolding through the writing process continues to be an effective and successful approach to teach writing. Every lesson builds upon the previous skill within one piece of writing. This provides students with a thorough understanding of how to put a quality piece of writing together. It helps even the most reluctant writers become ROCKSTAR WRITERS™! One proven study shows that 98% of two classes using the program scored in the exceptional range on state testing. Now thousands of teachers are having the same success.
This resource is packed with ways to MOTIVATE-EDUCATE-DIFFERENTIATE! You will find your students engaged, have already prepped lessons for explicit teaching, and receive jammin’ ideas for differentiation.
What happens if you don’t have confidence in teaching writing?
No problem! After 26 years teaching in the classroom, a Masters Degree and National Board Certification, I now serve as a writing coach and curriculum designer. I created this all-inclusive STEP-BY-STEP WRITING® program to share my SECRET TO WRITING SUCCESS. I offer an exclusive Facebook Group to anyone with this writing program. It will guide and support you through a year of writing. If you are interested in detailed training, I also offer professional development. Writing is my jam!