What is included?
★ READING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES:
These reading comprehension passages are perfect for CLOSE READING. The passages provide students with a complete narrative, drama or poem to answer the standard-based questions effectively.
- Common Core Standards- 2 lengthly passages for each standard (there are 2 passages used for comparison in one of the standards)- 22 original passages.
- 3 differentiated reading levels– a total of 66 Passages.
- Lexile level 500-1000- the range of levels for differentiation (Grades 2-6)
- Dyslexic Font- Each passage is written with or without a dyslexic font to meet the needs of all your students. (There is a separate PDF with all the passages in a dyslexic font.)
★ STEP-BY-STEP QUESTIONS:
The questions were formulated in a STEP-BY-STEP process and specifically designed for that particular standard.
Step 1: There are 10 multiple choice questions developed for basic comprehension of the text with some deeper-level questions mixed in. They were designed for students to get familiar with the text and are in the form of:
- Task Cards (Printable)
- Worksheet (Printable or Digital)
- GOOGLE Quiz (Digital)
Step 2: There are 10 rigorous open-ended questions developed for text-dependent analysis so students can think critically and question their assumptions. The last question is a text-dependent analysis writing prompt.
- Without lines to put in a center, on a smart board, or in groups to write answers in a notebook
- With lines to write on the printable
- Digital with text boxes
What is in the Zipfile?
Each mini-unit is labeled according to the standard and title of the passage. There are two files for each title.
- PDF has all the teacher notes, Google Links, and printable pages.
- PowerPoint is for student use to write directly in the PowerPoint. (It is the same as the Google version.)
The PowerPoint and Google Versions are perfect for DISTANCE LEARNING! These versions have larger fonts and spaces for easy digital reading.
★ Answer Keys: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE TEACHER PDF! ANSWER KEYS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE STUDENT POWERPOINT OR GOOGLE SLIDES. For each open-ended answer key, teachers will know which questions are directly related to the standard. The answers that are bold-faced are related to the standard.
What Focus Skills are covered?
CCSS 1: Inference
CCSS 2: Main Idea-Supporting Details-Summarize
CCSS 3: Explain Informational Text
CCSS 4: Academic or Domain-Specific Words and Phrases
CCSS 5: Text Structures and Features
CCSS 6: Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts
CCSS 7: Interpret Information- Charts and Graphs
CCSS 8: Author’s Reasons and Text Evidence
CCSS 9: Integrate Information from Two Texts
CCSS 10: Comprehending Information
What other skills are found in the questions?
✓ Compare and Contrast
✓ Cause and Effect
Thank you for visiting my store!