Figurative Language is such an important part of reading and writing. Discover and identify them in the mentor text, practice and apply!
What types of figurative language are covered?
✔ Cinderella Similes
✔ Mermaid Metaphors
✔ Alice Alliterations
✔ Ogre Onomatopoeia
✔ Pinnochio Personification
✔ Imaginary Idioms
✔ Hansel Hyperboles
FIND THE VERSION RIGHT FOR YOU!
1. PDF: (for teachers) It has printables, directions, teacher notes, and Google links.
2. POWERPOINT: (for students) There are 3 files.
- Anchor charts, interactive practice and quiz at the end.
- Self-check review (Great for centers too!)
- Student booklet
3. GOOGLE VERSION: (for students) This is the same as the Powerpoint except there is a Google forms quiz too.
What is included?
- Unit Plan
- Anchor Charts (colorful, black and white, mini-size, and digital)
- Mentor text lists for each type of figurative language
- Worksheet-style practice for each type of writing (Digital: Drag, type or highlight)
- 3 combination practice pages
- Writing assignment to apply all 7 types of figurative language
- Student booklets including a cover page, more practice, table of contents and rubric (Separate digital file too)
- Self-check Slides in Google and PowerPoint
- Study Guide and Quiz (There is a Google Version for automatic grading too.)
- Answer Keys
When your students finish with this unit, they will have a clear understanding of Figurative Language!
RELATED RESOURCE: CINDERELLA AROUND THE WORLD PASSAGES AND ACTIVITIES
Thank you for visiting my store!
There are no reviews yet.