If you are looking to teach your students how to provide text evidence and give them practice with TDA (Text Dependent Analysis), this bundle is for you!
1. Text Evidence Unit:
This Step-by-Step Text Evidence unit is a complete, NO-Prep unit with a variety of activities to help students learn an effective approach to analyzing text and increasing reading comprehension. Through anchor charts, modeling, mentor text, differentiated interactive pages, practice, task cards, and differentiated informative reading passages, students will have a thorough understanding of how to provide text evidence.
WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS STEP-BY-STEP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT?
1. SCRIPTED LESSON PLANS: Take the guesswork out of what to say when teaching text evidence. These plans include what to say, how to teach each lesson, and how long to spend on each lesson.
2. ANCHOR CHARTS: Text Evidence Anchor Charts or Posters for each mini-lesson. (SEE MINI-LESSONS BELOW)
3. DIFFERENTIATED PASSAGES: For each of the 4 high-interest informative reading passages, there are THREE VERSIONS FOR DIFFERENTIATION.
1- LEXILE LEVELS 400 (Gr. 2)
2- LEXILE LEVELS 700 (Gr. 3)
3- LEXILE LEVELS 835-850 (Gr. 4)
4. INTERACTIVE NOTES: The digital version has fill-in-the-boxes notes.
The printable version has differentiated interactive notebook pages.
1. Notes written out.
2. Sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank)
3. Write in your own notes
4. Mini-anchor charts (great for absent students and students who have trouble cutting and taking notes.
5. PRACTICE PAGES:
✓ Restate the Question
✓ RACE or ACE paragraph practice
6. PRACTICE PASSAGE 1 WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS: The differentiated nonfiction passage come with a graphic organizer for ACE or RACE to answer each question.
7. PRACTICE PASSAGE 2 WITH TASK CARDS: The differentiated nonfiction passage has a task card for each question. The printable version is perfect for centers and posting around the room (directions and template included). The digital version comes in GOOGLE FORMS and has a separate link for each reading level.
8. PRACTICE PASSAGE 3 WORKSHEET STYLE: The differentiated nonfiction passage has a worksheet with a space to answer each question.
9. ASSESSMENT: The differentiated nonfiction passage has a worksheet with a space to answer each question.
10. HANDS-ON ACTIVITY: Directions are included.
11. BOOK RESPONSE: This can be used with any book.
12. GRAPHIC ORGANIZER: This ACE or RACE chart can be used with any book or passage. You just add the questions!
13. TRACKING FORM: Track your students’ progress.
14. SUGGESTED MENTOR TEXT LIST
2. TDA Unit
Are you teaching in South Carolina (SC READY) or another state that is now using Text Dependent Analysis for the writing portion of the state test? These passages and questions were developed with you in mind!
1. How to Develop Proficient Text-Dependent Writers
Ideas and anchor chart on how to implement this resource
2. Generic Text-Dependent Analysis Questions (3 pages)
They are divided into categories. These are great for the teacher to use when reading other material and for a student resource binder.
3. Reading Passages (8 total)
There are 2 passages for each: Fiction, Science, Math, Social Studies. If you work in teams, each partner can use them in his/her subject area!
4. 3 TDA Questions per passage.
There is a page to display on your smart board with all three questions on one page (in the PDF) if you want to save paper and use notebooks and/or would like to display all questions for the students to choose.
There are writing templates with lines (for printable) and text boxes (for digital) for each question. (24 total).
5. Forms: Rubric and Tracking Chart (Use this to track student progress!)
RI 3.1 – Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Thank you for visiting my store!