WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH UNIT?
1. ANCHOR CHARTS: Introduce each unit using the anchor chart with explanation and examples.
2. MENTOR TEXT LIST: Use mentor text to point out the figurative language.
3. NAMES | LYRICS | COMMERCIAL ADS ACTIVITY: Did you know that FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE is found everywhere? You can find them in fictional characters, public figures, advertising, and lyrics! Why? They are catchy and memorable! (I provided lists of these to share with students.)
4. TAKE NOTES: Printable: Choose one of the interactive notebook pages or use the mini-anchor chart for the student notebooks. GOOGLE AND PPT: Fill in the boxes.
5. ILLUSTRATIONS: Illustrate the type of figurative language. (Not included in digital)
6. PRACTICE: The practice is set up in a step-by-step process with #1 practice being the easiest. Use all three practices OR DIFFERENTIATE: You may opt to use Practice 1 for students who need less of a challenge, Practice 2 for students on grade level, and Practice 3 for students who need a challenge.
7. TASK CARDS: These task cards can be placed in groups or centers.
8. GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS: There are several graphic organizers to use with each type of figurative language.
9. ASSESSMENT: Assess the students’ knowledge.
HOW ARE THE STEPS SET UP?
The steps start off with identifying that type of figurative language. Then understanding and apply.
WHAT UNITS ARE INCLUDED?
- ONOMATOPOEIA (COMING SOON)
- CUMULATIVE REVIEW (COMING SOON)
Thank you for visiting my store!