Crafting a title- My Rotten Redheaded Brother by Patricia Polacco is a great example! I also like Sarah, Plain, and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan. The are both creative titles!
1. Review ideas for a crafty title:
- Always write the paper first!
- It should tell what the paper is about.
- It should grab the reader’s attention. (catchy phrase or phrase of a song)
- It should introduce the tone of the paper.
- Don’t be afraid to use a subtitle!
2. Create a title for your class story together with your students.