A Pringles can is required for the craft, but the printed pages can be used without it.
★ Fun idea: Dig a hole in the backyard or edge of school property and bury them until the end of the year!
What to include in your time capsule:
1. COVER SHEETS- Cover the Pringles can with a sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper. Decorate it before you tape or glue it on! See video on the best way to cover a Pringles can.
2. FAVORITES- Have students list their favorite things like favorite food, song, friend, subject, etc. Then measure their height and weight. Leave a space to fill it in again at the end of the year. See video on how to do this.
3. WRITING PROMPTS- Have students write about their summer or a vacation at the beginning of the year and goals for when they graduate high school at the end of the year. Compare handwriting and writing styles from the beginning and end of year. IDEA: Keep a copy for your records and a copy of your class roster with addresses. Send them a graduation card with this paper in it! They will love it!
4. ILLUSTRATION- Draw yourself or favorite thing to draw. Do it again at the end of the year.
5. PHOTOGRAPH- Place a photograph from the beginning or the year. Get one at the end of the year and compare!
6. HANDPRINT- Trace a hand at the beginning and end of the year for growth comparison.
7. DREAM AND GOALS- List your dreams and goals and see if they change by the end of the year.
8. CURRENT EVENT- Write about a current event or place a news clipping from the beginning of the year. Do the same at the end of the year!