Every morning, before your students walk into your classroom, they pass through the hallways of your building. What do the walls look like? If you’re looking for a way to spruce up the walls with a hall display to last through the year…keep reading!
One year when I was teaching, my grade level was trying to come up with ideas to put out in the hall for back to school.
After brainstorming, this is what I came up with:
1. I used Whimsey Workshop clipart of a boy and girl. I erased part of their heads, so students could form their own.
2. Then, I added a cute frame and some space to write an acrostic poem. Students had to draw and color themselves, then write an acrostic poem using their name.
3. Next, we took pictures of the kids and pasted them on a short piece of paper. Students had to brainstorm numbers and words that represented who they were.
4. We glued both pieces of work onto a long 12 X 18 piece of construction paper and laminated it.
5. We then took four paperclips and put them a 1/4 inch above and inside each corner (this is to add current papers!) We taped the back to keep them in place.
6. Lastly, we placed them in the hall!
This is what it looks like when you add a new assignment:
When we take the assignment down and don’t have a current paper to put in the hall, it will still look decorated! Genius right? I love looking at their drawings of themselves and comparing it to their actual photo. I’ve had some artists over the years!