Are you ready for Back to School? I’m joining several other upper grade teachers to help you get ready for the next school year, and to give away some AWESOME prizes! You’ll have the opportunity to win something different on each blog in our group, so make sure that you visit the next blog in the blog hop at the bottom of this page. To enter to win the HUGE gift certificate to Teachers Pay Teachers, visit our group blog, Lesson Delicatessen. Make sure you hop through all the blogs to read all the great back to school tips and be entered to win over 20 different prizes!
ARE YOU READY FOR AN AMAZING YEAR OF WRITING? I SAID, “ARE YOU READY FOR AN AMAZING YEAR OF WRITING?” Read the great ideas and then enter to win a year-long writing bundle at the bottom of this post!!!!
First of all, if you haven’t read my two previous blog posts on writing, you might want to start there!
1. 10 Steps to prepare for Writing Workshop
2. How to create interactive writing notebooks and portfolios.
This is my third post (this school year) for writing workshop!
1. Writing Process with clothespins (previous post)
2. Million Dollar Word Bulletin Board- I put up the FAAVS (Figurative Language, Adjectives, Adverbs, Verbs, and Sense Words) As students use these in their writing, I post them on the bulletin board and we celebrate their accomplishment.
3. Have an area in the room for bins to place their writing notebooks, student resource folder, spelling dictionary, thesaurus, paper, pens, glue, etc.
4. Published Work- Display it then place it in their final copy portfolio (previous post). I also like the students to keep track of their writing. They can create links with the titles of their work and drape them across the room!
5. Author’s Chair- I love all of these!
6. Writing Center and Teacher’s group- Include colorful pens, erasers, and tape (or glue)
I have students write a 5-paragraph narrative writing essay over the course of several weeks. We go back to the same essay for each mini-lesson and make corrections or changes. Then the rest of our writing essays including opinion and informative are so much easier to teach.
NOW SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!! I AM OFFERING YOUR CHOICE OF ANY OF MY WRITING PRODUCTS INCLUDING THE YEAR-LONG WRITING PROGRAM BUNDLE! 400+PAGES! You won’t be disappointed! Click here to see an example: Interactive Writing Bundle
NEXT ON THE BLOG HOP: Hop on over to THE AMAZING MISTY MILLER’S blog called Little Room Under the Stairs to read about her advice for the new school year. She also has a great deal for you! She is offering a $10 gift certificate to her store! Click the icon below!